Perl 6 is the 6th (really, 5th) version of the Perl programming language.
For a complete discussion of the new version, see Perl 6 on Wikipedia. I'll just touch on some of the high points, here.
Your life, made better
Perl 6 will make your life better. Think that's silly? Read Perl 6 for better code.
Perl 6 has lots of new features. Some of these are:
- Much improved regularity and uniformity
- Still the same flexibility where you need it
- Parameter passing is not only better than Perl 5, it's more powerful than just about any other language
- Macros (not C-style, but full Lisp-like macros!)
- A real object system (and then some, Ruby programmers take note!)
- Many back-ends including the super-powerful Parrot VM